Dead Weight Direct Shear Machine
The dead weight direct shear machine uses a 10:1 beam loading device to control confining pressures. A load cell with digital readout displays shear force and the analog dial indicators measure vertical shear displacement. In addition, a stepper motor drive controls the strain rate within 1% and is easily adjustable using digital thumb wheel controls.
Additionally, the unit includes a 2.5″ diameter stainless steel shear ring, porous stones, drainage plates and loading block. The unit also includes a Teflon coated anodized aluminum water chamber.
- The strain rate sets from 0.0001 – 0.3 in/min
- Maximum shear displacement is 0.8 inches
- Set travel with limit switches
- Vertical load capacity is 1,411 lb
- Maximum horizontal shear force is 1,500lbf
- Options for data collection on a PC
- 1,500lbf load cell
- Weight hanger
- Dial indicator – 0.5 x .0001in (Range x Divisions)
- Dial Indicator – 1 x 0.001in (Range x Divisions)
- four channel digital readout
- (2) 1″ LVDT displacement transducers