The Micro-Deval test measures abrasion resistance and durability of mineral aggregates. Placed in a sealed stainless steel jar an abrasive charge up to 5,000g of 9.5mm diameter stainless steel balls and water. Rotated at 100 RPM for 2 hours. Percentage loss in the graduation results at completion determines quality of an aggregate. Small equipment size, lower sample quantities and a simpler procedure make the method easier and less costly.
- Multi-function electronic controller tracks time, speed and total revolutions
- Easier, safer and less expensive to operate
- Lexan doors and safety interlocks ensure no exposed moving parts
- Micro-Deval Apparatus
- Two jars
- Two sets of 5,500g abrasive charge
- Magnet to assist in removing abrasive charge after a test